Monday 7 January 2013

Lasko Ft Jimmy Snookz - The Neighbourhood Review

'Lasko Ft Jimmy Snookz - The Neighbourhood' is a new song rapped by upcoming Lasko aged 24 from North London, another good rapper that is battling to get themselves out there to achieve their dream of wanting to become a Hip-Hop Star.

Normally I would not be interested in reviewing this type of song because it is about a depressing topic, but listening to the way Lasko raps and puts meaning behind what he is rapping about made me be able to listen to the song in full.

This song made me think that it maybe could maybe be used with campaigning about youth crime, knife crime, campaigning that it’s not all just young people, but this kind of music to me is a 50/50 thing. Sometimes it can blow me away and I can love it because of how good the person is at rapping, but it’s just the topics that sometimes throw me from liking rap music.

I am still looking for that rapper or Hip-Hop star that blows me away with rapping about something completely different to all the negative stuff that is normally stereotyped around rap music. I need to find that one person that can rap about positive topics, not just about bad times but good times.

The only person that I have found that may relate to this is JaDee.

I do like Lasko's song and it's really good - if you are looking to go down the stereotypical rapper genre route.

Some people may think different to me, here's the link to Lasko's video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck-J9LYTATQ&feature=player_embedded

Katie Dyba.

No comments:

Post a Comment