Sunday 10 March 2013

Hollywood Trash EP Review

Old school sounding 'Hollywood Trash' born and bred in Southampton, apart from one band member born in Texas, have released an EP called 'Sordid N Immoral'. This is a EP to listen when you are really feeling in a heavy rocking out mood!

Their style of music sounds so 'old school' to me, but that is a good thing because some bands aren't able to pull off the 'old school rock' genre of music. This band certainly can pull off that type of genre for sure. The songs on this EP are definite ones you can rock out to whether the band are playing live at a gig or if you are just rocking out in your bedroom.

I don't know if this is just my opinion or if anyone will think the same when they listen to this EP, the first thing that came to my mind when I listened to this band and their style in which the band sings in reminds me of the band 'The Runaways.' If anyone knows who they are, they may get what I mean when they listen to this EP. Don't worry though it is a good thing! 

I can see this band being an inspiration to other aspiring bands that are wanting to bring the 'old school' rock style back or giving it a modern twist somehow. But they will have to get advice from these guys as they have done it perfectly! 

Loving the EP, cant wait to hear more of what you have to give! 

Here's the link if you want to download it and have a listen for yourselves: 

www.gethollywoodtrashed.bigcartel.com 

Katie Dyba.

No comments:

Post a Comment